4.22.2012

Judging A Book By Its Color

I mean I already love everything Miranda July, so you can imagine the shear joy I felt when I found her collection of short stories. 

First of all, the J's were pretty high up on the shelf so I had to use one of those fun, little ladders. Secondly, the book was in stock! This is not always the case when I walk into Phoenix Books on 24th street, though I always find something I "need."



It is curious. For some reason I have accrued several yellow things. Yellow and all of its cousins are beginning to surround me...and I like it. 


I know that yellow is hot right now (we'll discuss more of this in a later post) but I don't think I'm into citrus hues because it's trendy. Generally speaking the things that I collect stay in my closet for several seasons, then get stored away, though only to return. I don't dress according to what the runways dictate; it's not my style and it's too expensive! It's more about my mood and where I am in my life. Does anyone else feel the same way?


Above is a crane fly, saturated and retro-fied. While typing this I look up and he/she is still there. 



Segue to guava with a painted skull...


A ruffled pencil skirt by Zara and my sweet-cream colored Geox pumps with tassels!





The Future



No comments:

Post a Comment